Timeline for 2019
- Nominations open: 28th January.
- Nominations close: 11th February.
- Shortlist announcements: 18th February.
- Readalongs begin: 1st March.
- Readalongs end: 31st May.
- Voting opens: 1st June.
- Voting closes: 8th June.
- Results liveshow: Mid/Late June (exact date to be confirmed).
Categories for 2019
- Best fantasy novel.
- Best science fiction novel.
- Best young adult novel.
- Best middle grade novel.
- Best debut novel.
- Best graphic work.
- Best short work.
- Foundryside by Robert Jackson Bennett.
- Grey Sister by Mark Lawrence.
- Circe by Madeleine Miller.
Best Science Fiction
- Record of a Spaceborn Few by Becky Chambers.
- The Calculating Stars by Mary Robinette Kowal.
- Vengeful by V.E. Schwab.
Best Young Adult Novel
- The Cruel Prince by Holly Black.
- Skyward by Brandon Sanderson.
- Muse of Nightmares by Laini Taylor.
Best Middle Grade Novel
- Aru Shah and the End of Time by Roshani Chokshi.
- City of Ghosts by Victoria Schwab.
- Wundersmith: The Calling of Morrigan Crow by Jessica Townsend.
Best Debut Novel
- Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi.
- The Poppy War by R.F. Kuang.
- Trail of Lightning by Rebecca Roanhorse.
Best Graphic Work
- Monstress Vol 3: Haven by Marjorie M. Liu & Sana Takeda.
- The Adventure Zone: Here there be Gerblins by Clint McElroy, Griffin McElroy, Travis McElroy, Justin McElroy and Carey Pietsch.
- Aquicorn Cove by Katie O’Neill
Best Short Work
- Beneath the Sugar Sky by Seanan McGuire.
- Binti: The Night Masquerade by Nnedi Okorafor.
- Artificial Condition by Martha Wells.
- Chelsea – thereadingoutlaw.
- Thomas – SFF180.
- Elena – Elena Reads Books.
- Sam – Thoughts on Tomes.
- Connor O’Brien.
- Rachel – Kalanadi.
- Claire Rousseau.
- James Chatham.
- Cass – What Cass Read.